Popular Posts

Friday, May 9, 2008

The Book, Business and People

Tell me --- is it possible to maintain sanity while in business and retaining normal friend contacts?
Today-- for the second time in as many weeks, I missed doing something I planned -- at least in a timely fashion!!
I certainly can't blame the business for forgetting to bring refreshments for a group I'd been in for 5 of its 6 (alternate)week existence. Perhaps the dogs could share the blame -- after all -it was a morning event and they still have to be fed!!
Then I forgot and was an hour late to meet a friend for group gathering - which lasted longer than I thought anyway and made me late for discussion of the book on leadership.
Such is life, but Georgia Jenkins has no intent of abandoning the people she knows. She just has to be sure to keep learning about business, promoting and making new contacts every day.
Tonight's discussion -- what I got of it -- focussed on dealing with resistance to change. There are 3 levels and i believe I've been on both sides of all 3 : "I don't get it" -- with need for more -- often unwanted or unappreciated training, "I Don't Like It" once indoctrinated with knowing one certain way and threatened by the new; and "I don't like you"- it may be just the way someone presents the subject.
Any way we cut it, someone is going to react.
One paragraph bluntly expresses the old adage -- forget what nationality -- " One convinced against his will is of the same opinion still".One cannot deny or avoid resistance entirely. I really would make a lousy politician, since it is natural for them to do what is suggested here: " bring resistance to the surface and talk about it,-- (unleashing people's emotions)." We are challenged to actually have people "identify their resistance",let people know you appreciate their concerns -- though don't agree, and see what opportunities are available to confront it, Planning and solutions have to wait till these issues have surfaced and been explored.Most of us can't stand waiting.
I, for one, can't wait till more people are in the various programs I'm in and try the products.Strategic marketing takes planning. Planning takes time, and once again we're back to a topic of concern in line one --finding enough time to fit all in.
OK, now Georgia will waste some and go play with the dogs!!
Don't forget to check out http://www.997makemoneynow.com/pages/602.htm for marketing tips, healthy coffee and more.
My other links are buried in the site. One program lets your site(s) be seen - while passively earning you money: one deals with leveraging your money by gifting.You can email georgiajenkins@997makemoneynow.com with comments or questions; or just sign up on site to learn a lot about marketing for only $9.97.

Georgia Jenkins

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice Article Georgia... I think we all can relate how overwhelming getting started is... but it gets better as we begin to focus and concentrate on the daily activities needed to move forward.
Scott OBrien - Google Me